Thursday, October 9, 2008

Something I noticed...and the story of my engagement ring

A little of this is in the 'our story' section of out site. Back at the last Saturday of May, when we were camping, and Jeff unofficially asked me to marry him, he said we'll go shopping for a ring tomorrow. So that Sunday afternoon we went looking. Everything was closed but the mall....so that's where we went. He had asked me if I wanted him to pick it out and surprise me, or if I wanted to, and added I'd be the one that had to wear it forever. We both felt it safer for me to have a little input. I sort of knew what I wanted. Either white gold or platinum....most likely a princess cut...probably a solitaire...most likely a princess cut. When we started looking all of the diamonds seemed to set really high. I didn't love the settings for the princess cut....the prongs squared around the corners. We looked at every single store. There was one we both were leaning to, which was a radiant cut, but I still wasn't sure. So we went back to Jeff's house, saying we'd look at the other stores tomorrow, but about ten minutes after being there I decided...yep, I do like that ring. So we went back and Jeff made the big purchase. It had to be resized, and we picked it up the next day....on our way downtown to 'our spot' where Jeff officially proposed.

The other day while I was talking on the phone I was studying my ring, and noticed, turned to the side, the setting for my diamond is an M.....and my last name will soon be Milde. So that's just sort of cool.


0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com