Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bored

I must say I have been extremely bored lately (this week)....not un-busy, just bored. There's always something to be done...housewise. I mean..laundry, cleaning, cooking, baking...whatever. Not saying I do it all either because Jeff lends a hand, except with cooking. It's just there's nothing to DO. Usually at this time I have Christmas pictures to think of. There's the specials I did every weekend, editing, ordering, usually a Christmas wedding, Santa house every Friday....this year nothing. I hoping to start promoting my photography in the area soon, but until then there's not much happening in that area. I do have April's bridal next week that I'm really excited about. I'm redoing my website..going to start on that tomorrow sometime, and I'm super excited about that too. Then on top of the no work thing, there's the no friend thing. I haven't really met that many folks up here. I mean there's people at church, but I don't 'know' them yet. Jeff's friends mostly live in Travelers Rest, and so we don't get to hang out with them that often. The neighborhood we live in has great people, but they are all of retirement age. In Calhoun Falls I was never far away from a friend...seriously, my neighbors were closest in distance and friendship. I'd go to Leisa's about once a month to visit too. It's really really tough not having those people around. No one to hang out with and just laugh. Again, not saying Jeff and I don't, but he has work stuff, and hobbies that I don't. I've started to walk/jog/run some again, so at least that's one thing I can do. Still you can't run all the time. I've been thinking of sewing, which I enjoy occasionally, but I don't know what to start. My machine sort of stinks, so I don't want to attempt the quilt I begin last year...it sometimes eats the squares. I ordered a couple of patterns today, so hopefully I'll have that soon. I feel bad cause I've been sort of moping around...nothing to do...no one to do it with (when Jeff is busy)....it just stinks. I've discovered I just need to do something creative regularly to feel happy. I'm hoping with the plans of website building, sewing, and bridals I can be sustained until Christmas with things to do.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com