Monday, October 19, 2009

The Louisville wedding weekend

Let me first say I'm so excited, happy, and thrilled for Dallas and Laura. They are both awesome people, and even more so together.

My dad didn't get to make the trip because of work, so he brought mom up to our house Friday night. We all left around 8 the next morning. Somewhere in Tennessee Jeff started feeling pretty bad. Since his blood sugar was 50 and we'd gone through some curves, we thought that might be it. We stopped for lunch in Knoxville, but he still was feeling rough. While at lunch he got really sick. I had to make one of many appearances that day in a men's restaurant to check on my puking husband. So undecided on what was causing it we decided to venture on. We had to stop a few other times, but Jeff is a trooper who said to continue on. Somewhere between stops we realized it was a new medication he's on that gave him a bad reaction.
Anyway, we made it to Louisville. Jeff was much better by the time we got there. Saturday night they had a friend and family dinner at the Irish Rover---a nod to our family the McGarity klan. It was great to get to see Dallas' mom, grandma, brother, and sister...we haven't seen them in years. We also enjoyed getting to meet Laura's family. Now we know where Laura gets her kindness from.
Sunday we (Jeff, mom, Linda, Andy, Anthony, Kristi, Carlin, Ryan, and myself) all went to breakfast at Toast on Market--it was quite yummy. Since the three of us were leaving after the wedding we had to go check out, take out bags to Linda's room, and get ready. Jeff and I headed to the Palace Theatre early to start snapping some photos. No, I was the photographer, but I can't go to a wedding without my camera. The wedding was beautiful. Laura wore a dress that's been worn in her family for generations....and looked gorgeous. The venue was very different...in a good way. The little details were great. The food-yum. We enjoyed it!
We headed back over to Linda's room to get dressed in traveling clothes and headed out. We did stop for some food, and a potty break. I was thankful Jeff was able to drive some on the way home. My parent's car has really uncomfortable seats. Our backs and legs still ache. We got in around 2 am. I'm still so tired. We'll be hitting the hay early tonight.
Even with the sickness, and the long painful car ride, we had a good time. Jeff and I are hoping to go back up there sometime and spend a little time walking around with our cameras.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com