Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday and Mandy's Birthday

So a good chunk of Friday I spent converting April's bridal's. I still have to go through and look at each one, do whatever in PS...then load them for her to view....early next week is when they'll be up.

As far as the quilt goes....I cleaned all that up Wednesday night. Took the sewing machine off the table. Gathered up the extra fabric, put in back in it's bin, vacuumed up thousands of little strings all over the house (not an exaggeration). I figured I'd have the house looking normal for a few days. Although while some conversation was taking place, I squared up the main piece, and cut the white strips to go around that. I sort of wanted to get the sewing machine out, and start with the next stuff, which is stay-stitching around what I just did, and adding the border. Also, they material I'm using for the back, and big border came in. I'm thinking soon I'll have what I need done to actually start quilting...Yikes and Yay! I'm thinking it's going to happen by hand. I wish Lee Anne were still my neighbor so she could show me how. I guess I'll have to mosey on over to the Viking Quilt and Sew and have a little visit with those ladies.

Another thing that happened yesterday was Mandy's surprise birthday celebration. Mitchell--one of Jeff's friend/was in the wedding--planned for a big group to get together at Wasabi's for the occasion. I was really excited to be with other people. Not that I don't love Jeff...but I get lonesome for friends, and conversations with more than just him. Jeff equates it to stay-at-home moms with babies...who don't get adult conversation. Plus...every now and then I get cabin fever...which I had a big case of yesterday (another reason I didn't do more with the quilt or the bridals). I just get real antsy, and can't sit still, it can lead to extreme moodiness (which didn't come out yesterday-much). Anyway, it was fun. Lee and Nikki were there...I had only met them once before the wedding briefly. They were at the wedding, but I didn't really get too much of a chance to see anyone that day. (Side note on Lee---he's growing his hair out for Locks of Love, which is awesome. I've wanted to do that, but my hair doesn't grow very long...gets to a point and stops. I'd have enough to cut, but then I'd look like Little Orphan Annie. A 30 year old looking like that...hard knock life indeed). It was great to get to talk to those two more. Mitchell and Mandy of course were there. I was just glad to get to see them again. We've all got to get together and go out in a group where you can sit at a table and hear...cause it was a bigger group, and tough to hear folks. So happy birthday to Mandy!

We watched Fireproof when we got home, and if you haven't seen it you need to. We saw it the Thursday before we got married, but we had to get the DVD.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com