Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Quilt update

Well, I've been working on this quilt pretty much everyday. Didn't Sunday since we were in CF. There are of course breaks to do things...went to the dump to get rid of a fridge that didn't work, went to the grocery store, went to Sam's, ran, cooked, ate. Anyway, it's been a process. One that actually started in 2007 when I bought the fabric I blogged about it then. Here's my first layout, which I realized after I finished was not diagonal as it should be...the date on it is August, 29, 2007.


I put it away for a while because I was frustrated. Then pictures kept happening, then the wonderful Jeff happened, and now I've picked it back up.

This is from earlier today.



I really got the swing of it and process picked up rather quickly. We took at little time out...I had to get some border material....the white, which will be about five inches around, then a red that will be about two, and the main border, which will also be the back, is being shipped. I haven't got the binding either. So after going to Best Buy, Circuit City (btw---sales aren't that great...keyboard at CC $180, same at BB $80)...we headed home, made dinner, ate, and then the last bit began. So this it what I've got so far. I have to cut it square, then the borders before the top is complete, but I'm proud of it, and can't wait until Jeff and I can watch a movie all comfy and warm.


I'm putting it away for a couple of days...April's bridal tomorrow, which I'm excited about. Then editing those so she can see them and pick out a portrait before the big day February 28th...also excited about that one.

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com