Sunday, January 18, 2009

Productive week...lazy Sunday

This week I've been fairly productive. I've finished a couple of sewing projects. The tunic I mentioned in the last blog, and an apron.




I also decided to use the backyard bug pan Jeff got me. Since my parents were coming yesterday, and today is dad's birthday, I let that be the cake excuse. I enjoy baking, and I'm getting used to doing it gluten-free, but I overfilled the bugs and the pan ran over. So, yep, the oven caught on fire, which has never happened to me before. I also decorated them, and I've never claimed to be a cake decorator. I do have some stuff to do it, but the need hasn't come up in years, and all that stuff is at my parents'. On top to have no tips, I didn't want the hassle of making the frosting, so I used canned, which was gooey. I'll make it next time. They're still yummy.



Friday we had fondue at the Milde's. Then Jeff and I went to see Me and Marley...really good....bring tissues.

Yesterday my parents came and for my dad's birthday we took them to the car show at the expo center. We all enjoyed it, but if you know my dad you know he enjoyed it most of all. We spent a few hours perusing all the autos. After my folks left, Jeff and I headed to Circuit City to see if we could score any deals. We didn't...we don't really need anything in that line. Although there's tons we'd like. Not wanting to head home we went to the mall. Looked around a bit....tried out massage chairs at Brookstone. We ended up grabbing dinner at the food court, and just chatting...until it was nearly closing time.

Today we awoke to snow falling...not sticking. We headed over to BCBC...finally after being sick the last couple of weeks.

It was a year ago today that I first came to this house to visit Jeff. We watched Harry Potter, went to Miyabi's, went downtown for coffee and a some good conversation, came back and watched the Blue Collar Comedy tour. I knew I liked this guy, but who knew the next year I'd be married to him? Isn't that awesome?! Quite a good year!!!

1 comments:

Leisa said...

Wow Martha, I mean Lisa, you've been busy. Will said he wants a cupcake.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com