Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thawed out

After our exciting snow encountered we have enjoyed much warmer and sunnier times. I spent part of this week working on Aus and April's wedding. Friday I got to take some pictures of Zach and his new sister Zooey, both are fabulous. Friday evening we went out for some Japanese, then downtown. Saturday warmed us up more. I washed my car that morning. We had to rush off for truck touch-up paint. After stopping by the Milde's for a bit, I went and got ingredients for a birthday cake for my mom, who was 69 on March 5th. We headed down to CF that evening. Chatted a bit, and spent the night, got to go to LRBC this Sunday. Got home, made spaghetti, ate, lifted some weights, went downtown once more, and had a bit of ice cream. So now we're home, just chilling....both sleepy. I've got a busy week ahead. I have pictures to edit. I've got to clean the house...ugh. Plus, all the other ordinary everyday things...groceries, cooking, running here and there.

Church....I was excited to see LRBC pretty packed today (last time too). Jeff and I have been going to Brushy Creek Baptist, just down the street. There are things we like about it, but there's also a feeling that we don't belong. Not that there are people who aren't welcoming, but we just don't feel we have a place there, or at least haven't found it. I think if circumstances dealing with the basic delusion of the singles left us feeling like this. Jeff had been helping at the Vault (coffee house once a month), and I'd helped too. He knew the people, I was getting to know them...there were connections, and we felt we had a place that we were meant to serve. Then that fell apart so we went to several places looking to find a church home. We had felt it was between either BC or Metamorphoses Church. We didn't feel a strong pull to either. There were things we liked about both. We enjoyed the contemporary service at BC, and liked the fact they had SS. We loved the spirit and welcoming feeling at MC. We decided to go to BC, and started going to the Nearly Wed/ Newly Wed class. We enjoyed the class, but didn't feel a connection to the members as we had in the other SS class previously. I felt part of it was because I'm so attached to LRBC, and the people there. We thought if we felt like that was where we were supposed to be we'd join first of the year....we haven't. We've been doing the Andy Stanley series 'Go Fish' and every time we watch or go over a session, I just get the sense BC isn't for us, and Jeff is kind of feeling that too. We've actually haven't been to BC in three weeks...Jeff sick, Me headache, away to CF. We've decided next week to give Metamorphosis another go. We both sort of hate the fact we have to find a church again...we thought we might have covered this, but we'd rather go to the place God wants us to and be part of a body where we fit than a church that we sort of feel like outsiders. We're hoping to also visit Andy Stanley's church, NorthPoint, which is conveniently located near Jeff's brother....so we have a place visit when we visit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Northpoint is even better than Newspring, in my opinion. I just like the environment. We actually visited the Buckhead campus this past weekend and it was great too. At NPC, there are 2 auditoriums and you never know which one Andy Stanley will be live in! You'll never know it though because the screen makes him look life like! PS, don't sit behind a column!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com