Friday, July 3, 2009

Hello

We haven't done too much this week it feels like, but I suppose we have too. One thing that's a work still in progress is our side yard. The way the grading is all the water from our neighbor's side yard drained to ours, and their water nor ours drained. So the grass was really thin and ugly, which is unacceptable for Jeff "Grass Perfectionist" Milde. So he killed it. We are doing a natural area over there. An arbor, a little pathway back to the gate, some shrubs here and there, as well as pots. Jeff filled in the area with pine straw last week. We've moved a pot, which contained a tree, from the old house. Unplanted it, painted the pot, replanted it. We got the arbor, but the stain was a little lighter than we preferred, so Jeff stained it, put it together, varnished it. We managed to get that in the ground Wednesday evening. Jeff planted the shrubs that are line the front yesterday. Oh, and we've put blocks all around the edge to contain the pine straw, and to act as a border. So we still have a good chunk of work to do on that yet. We may work on cutting in a path later today, or maybe we'll go look at some rock for the path.
Jeff's done a lot of the work outside this week, besides laying a few blocks, and helping get the arbor up, it's been all him. I've been at the computer designing some wedding albums for samples. It's been really fun to get to look back at some of the albums. I think since I'm married I have different eyes when it comes to weddings. I've noticed it especially when looking at the pictures of the couples...how they look at each other. It's nice to see the intensity and love that they have. Anyway, working at a computer is not always fun for me. Designing albums is something I enjoy most of the time. The one I worked on a good part of yesterday was John and Michal Franklin's...they are so cute, and it was a fun one.
My parent's are coming tomorrow. I haven't seen them in a few weeks, so I'm ready to spend some time with them. I'm excited for them to see the house. The last time they saw it was Mother's day, and it was still a wreck.
Oh, my dad's treatments....well, they seem to be going well. He hasn't really had any negatives of the chemo. He was sleepy a couple of days, but no sickness or anything. Also, the lymph nodes that were swollen before have gone down. So hopefully that's as good as it sounds, and the cancer cells are dying, and the chemo is doing it's job.

Happy 4th of July!

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com